Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Speaking of Corrine Brown...

She has represented Florida's 3rd Congressional District since 1993, and has run unopposed for the seat since at least 1998. In the past two elections, the option of voting for or against her has not even been offered on my voting ballots, a fact that causes me great concern as I believe that voters should always be afforded the opportunity to vote for or against their elected officials. That there is not even an option for a write-in vote seems to me a gross violation of our voting rights.

Anyone who read my previous post and saw the video contained therein will not be surprised to learn that Corrine Brown has refused to debate all of the challengers to her congressional seat. She has never needed to. Florida's 3rd congressional district is so heavily gerrymandered that it runs from northeast Florida all the way down into north central Florida. The district's constituents are overwhelmingly Democrat in their party affiliation and a vast majority of them happen to share Brown's ethnicity. Brown would gain nothing by debating an opponent, and would stand to lose a great deal if her constituents ever learned just how woefully inadequate her grasp happens to be on issues that matter to them.

I found a few more Youtube videos that put Corrine Brown's oratorical skills on display. If you can stomach listening to the following 4 clips (the first 3 show her Democrat partisanship, the fourth reveals her tendency to use her position for personal gain), be sure to wince at the knowledge that this woman has a bachelor's degree, 2 master's degrees, an honorary doctorate, and that she served on the faculty of one of the colleges from which she graduated. Let that serve as a well-deserved indictment on the quality (or lack thereof) of the American public education system.


First, on her opposition to the Iraq troop surge, which quickly degenerates into a rant about how Bush misled her and her fellow congressmen (never mind that Congress had access to the same information Bush did at the time of the decision to go to war):


Second, on her support for minimum wage increases, which quickly segues into an assault on the Bush economy. Note the embarrassing moment where her ignorance of House parliamentary procedure is also put on display:


Here, she advocates for voting rights for individuals who stand under indictment for felony crimes. This rant ends with her infamous accusation of a "coup d'etat" in the 2000 Presidential election (I wonder what she would have done had the stenographer asked her to spell coup d'etat):


Finally, this is a local news story from last August about Brown's use of her position to secure preferential treatment for herself from emergency responders when Tropical Storm Fay hit Jacksonville:



And this all before I even mention her 100% pro-abortion voting record according to NARAL, her support for embryonic stem cell research, and her support for gay marriage, to state just a few of her many anti-Catholic stances.

I can only pray that at some point Corrine Brown's constituents can rouse themselves enough to look beyond the color of her skin and the "D" next to her name and see how poorly her presence in Washington reflects upon their ability to make an informed decision.

6 comments:

t.lu77 said...

oh yeah? well if she gives Bush an "F", then I give her a "G"! And I'm not even going to put it on a pretty piece of paper with a fancy font! I mean, a "G" IS worse than an "F", right? (...sorry, I live in her district, too. I've been dumbified... stupefied... downright liedtoified!)

t.lu77 said...

Video 2:
At this very moment, with an almost complete and utter inability to find the right words to describe the kind of disbelief I am experiencing; it is absolutely amazing to me that she is not out there making only minimum wage herself right now...

t.lu77 said...

video 3:
Golly, I'm SOOOOO surprised she's out there advocating voting rights for those indicted on felony charges! I mean, where would she be if she didn't have the majority of the population in her gerrymandered district voting for her??!! One begs to ask!

t.lu77 said...

vid4:
I'm surprised she didn't just pounce on the reporter and accuse her of being a racist! Honestly, I do think our representatives deserve at least an ounce of preferential treatment, and we're only talking about sandbags here... But if I were Hollingsworth, I would've claimed a bad connection on the phone call (due to the stormy weather) and hung up the phone on her!!

t.lu77 said...

okay, maybe that wouldn't've been the most charitable and Christ-like thing to do, but it all boils down to the dissent I feel for having her as my Rep. I guess it's my fault for moving into her district, after all, she was here first. But she truly is not my "representative" and I have to think that, overall, she is not the Lord's rep either. Of course, that is for the Lord to decide, in the meantime, I will continue to pray for all elected leaders that they choose the path of life.

Gerald Lamb said...

Regarding video # 3: I think she just wants the right to vote herself. If she were ever convicted for all the crap she's pulled, she'd be in an orange jumpsuit picking up roadkill on the highway.

I know, I know. I'm sorry for that image...