Thursday, March 19, 2009

Self Professed "Catholic" Professor Wants To Impeach The Pope

Apparently, this man believes that the Church is greatly sinning through its opposition to birth control and prohibition against women's ordination, and believes Benedict XVI should be replaced with a contraception-friendly woman. He believes that advocacy of contraception is a pro-life position, and find's Benedict's opposition to the use of condoms in Africa an unpardonable crime against humanity. I hope I needn't elaborate on this man's profound ignorance any further.

In my experience, people who react with such vitriol against the condemnation of an immoral act are usually engaging in said immoral act. I hope, for the sake of this "man of learning," that this is not here the case.

I don't usually dignify such hyper-emotional drivel. Actually, I'm not dignifying this instance of it either. I merely hold this sophomoric rant up as an example of how amusing it can be when a forum is provided to a theological and moral illiterate who assumes his knowledge of the will of God surpasses that of the Pope.

Robert S. McElvaine, may God have mercy on your soul, for the one whose lead you are currently following most certainly will not.

No comments: